Saturday, April 25, 2009

Twiddling Thumbs...

So this weekend has definitely been one of those weekends that I just kind of sit around and relax. Friday Night I spent all my time watching the television shows that were recorded on my DVR. When I was done with that, I proceeded to go upstairs and read. Toups and Riggs will be very happy to know that I read a lot of, "It's Kind Of a Funny Story". Unfortunatly, finishing this book has now become a mission instead of entertainment for myself.

Saturday was a day filled with mixed emotions. The beginning of the day was pretty standard. I continued watching television shows after making myself cinnamon roll things. Later on, my uncle, aunt, and cousin showed up to commandeer our elliptical. It was fun playing with Chloe. She's 1. I love how kids who are this young have entire conversations with you without you knowing anything they are saying. Anyway, I had agreed to do this lock-in for the children's ministry at my church that Saturday night. What I forgot was that I had promised my friend that I would go to her last dance show that night. So I accepted that I was a horrible person and I told one of the leaders that I would have to cancel my involvement in the lock-in. I guess they understood. The main guy called me during the dance show and asked if I could just come after, but I didn't listen to it until this morning. Awful person.




I guess this weekend hasn't been that bad. The worst part was definitely taking pictures at the softball game. If it wasn't bad enough that almost every girl on the softball team could beat me up, it was senior night which meant that I got to enjoy thirty minutes of getting to know every last detail about each and every senior girl. I found out that the pitcher's favorite class is Calculus, the third baseman's favorite softball activity was those "crazy bus rides", and the right fielder was the only cheerleader to ever be a member of the softball team. The only one I was okay with hearing about was Rachel, because we were Physics buds, as well as Business Management buds. Anyway, after that little pow wow of fun, I spent the next hour trying my hardest to get some usable pictures, in between the grunts and cheers of the players. Needless to say, leaving was not hard for me to do.

-Otis


1 comment:

  1. At first, I was super excited that you linked my blog in my name. But you linked the wrong blog. Excitement died.

    www.rigby-sydneytoups.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete